Get to know Richard Shumi, co-director of the AHi
1. Tell us a little about yourself. Where were you born and where did your love for the business world come from?
My name is Richard Shumi. I am 56 years old and was and raised in Mossel Bay. My love for the business world was in fact developed from a very young age by hardships during a time in my life that I don’t really want to divulge. During Summer months I used to sell soft drinks, and gebakte Masbanker vis at the beach, and at home, and by doing so I could pay for most of the things that I needed then.
2. The Garden Route is currently a Covid-19 hotspot with coronavirus cases reaching all-time heights. What is your advice for holidaymakers to prevent the virus from spreading even more?
Regarding this new insurgent of Covid 19 in the Garden Route: If we all do our part in preventive measures we will slow down the spread of the virus.
3. How long have you been involved with the AHi Western Cape, and how long have you been on the board of directors?
My involvement with the AHi Western Cape started about six or seven years ago. It’s been 3 years in management and 2 years as a co-director.
4. You are the chairperson of the Thembalethu Business Chamber. What is a highlight you can share with us?
Yes, I am the Chairman of the Thembalethu Business Chamber. Some of the highlights are the business trainings our subscribers received from the AHi Western Cape and certificates received from other Stakeholders that made it possible for our subscribers to undergo training. These training included: Entrepreneurship, Corporate Governance, Business Writing Skills, Fundraising Proposal Skills, Business Skills and Events Management Skills. The networking opportunities that emanates from these partnerships are phenomenal, as we grow closer as a business community.
5. What is your vision for the AHi for 2021?
My vision for the AHi next year would be to continue with our task at hand as per our 2021 Strategic Plan. Our plan is to be the change in many businesses out there that have lost all hope to exist.
6. How can people who would like to get involved with Thembalethu Business Chamber, or the AHi in the area, get in touch with you?
Thembalethu Business Chamber and AHi Western Cape are two peas in a pod. You can get in contact with the AHi Western Cape Call Centre at 086 999 0209 and you will be assisted with any queries you might have. This goes for all other Business Chambers Affiliated to the AHi Western Cape.
Comments are closed